Career with BDB
We’re Always Looking for Great People with Great Talent.
Feel free to submit your resume to be considered for any of the jobs posted below, or for future openings. BDB offers great opportunities for candidate growth as our company expands to meet our goals. Health, Dental, 401K and Long Term Disability are offered. Bauer Design Build is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for the supervision of all on-site construction, including scheduling subcontractors, problem solving, inspecting all work during construction to ensure quality, compliance with plans and specifications, and promoting and enforcing the safety program. Work closely with the Project team to include Client, Architects, Engineers, Project Manager, Project Coordinator, subcontractors and inspectors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day to day construction operations and quality control.
- Create and maintain project schedule to include 3 week look ahead schedules.
- Communicate accurate project schedule information and specification requirements with subcontractors and suppliers across all trades.
- Manage all field operations including material delivery coordination, health and safety measures, cleanliness and order of the work site and quality of the work production.
- Submit daily reports and other required paperwork. Conduct regular project reviews and maintain record of project progress.
- Communicate any issues associated with the project to appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Promote and maintain site safety requirements and procedures.
- Conduct and document weekly site Foreman’s meetings.
- Daily communication with Project Manager
- Generate RFI’s in PlanGrid and submit to Project Manager and Director of Field Operations
- A minimum of 8 years as lead Superintendent
- Strong work ethic
- A thorough knowledge of all trades
- Strong organizational, communication and people skills and the ability to schedule and coordinate subcontractors to meet project requirements.
- Desire to build and maintain relationships with clients, architects, local authorities and subcontractors.
- Goal oriented, with ability to react quickly to challenging circumstances in order to achieve desired results through informed decision making.
- Ability to implement duties with an exceptional level of accuracy and timeliness while meeting established deadlines.
- Knowledge of local codes/regulations to ensure compliance. Knowledge of federal, state and local safety laws and regulations a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. ComputerEase, Microsoft Project, iAuditor and Plan Grid preferred.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position provides management oversight for all phases of the construction process, including: reviewing/creating project documents (plans, specifications, & contracts), labor projections, coordination of trade contractors, directing construction activities, resolving construction conflicts and disputes, coordinating field installations and project closings with the Project Superintendent, developing and maintaining client relationships, while ensuring project costs, timelines, quality and safety standards, and standard operating procedures (Running the Job Manual) are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct project progress meetings with superintendent, trade contractors and suppliers to review quality, safety, scheduled project progress, submittal requirements, and material deliveries to ensure attainment of project objectives, schedule completion, and timely delivery.
- Review, plan and schedule the Weekly Progress Report to obtain personnel, material and equipment needs, and Subcontractor performance in a manner consistent with scheduled requirements, budgeted costs and timely deliveries.
- Lead, motivate and develop field and office personnel, focusing on skills and techniques that will ensure continuous performance and meet/exceed corporate standards.
- Cultivate a working relationship with Project Managers, Project Laborers, Trade Contractors and Clients in a manner that encourages a cooperative environment, team effort and professional approach.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions on assigned projects to resolve construction-related problems and issues, such as recognizing and understanding any conflicts or scope gaps in the contract plans and specifications, and come to agreeable resolution between Architect, Owner and Subcontractor(s).
- Manage all aspects of assigned project within budgetary parameters to client’s satisfaction, while maintaining good working relationships with field personnel, trade contractors, subcontractors and clients.
- Motivation and drive to provide first-hand project opportunities thru new relationships and networking.
- Successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 years Commercial Construction experience with a multitude of project types.
- Some management experience a plus
- Results-oriented with the ability to schedule and coordinate subcontractors to meet project requirements.
- Excellent communication skills to build and maintain relationships with clients, architects, local authorities and subcontractors. Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within an organization is critical.
- Organized, detail-oriented problem solver with strong work ethic.
- Applicant should possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. ComputerEase, Microsoft Project, Plan Grid and basic accounting a plus.
BDB offers competitive salaries, benefits and a casual, high-energy work environment. Please email your cover letter and resume to Sarah Tichich – Director of HR (Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply send your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources
Bauer Design Build
14030 21st Avenue N
Plymouth, MN 55447